Why are pictures in the queue to be rated if they don't want ratings?

afs760bf

I decided to rate a few photos today, and came across this:

http://www.photo.net/photo/3238643

There are several of them.

Why are these photos in the critique and ratings request queue when

the photographer specifically asks for no ratings? Speaking for

myself, I don't always read the title, especially when using

the "rate recent" feature. So now the poor photog has to put up with

ratings he didn't want.

So I guess my only question is "Were these really submitted to the

ratings queue, or is this another bug?"

I assure you that the photog submitted them for ratings so that they could get exposure. The real question is, if he doesn't care about the ratings, why not simply ignore them? Why both with gaining exposure if not to get feedback? This is not a bug in pnet, just a flaw in human logic.

There is no "poor photog" here, unless we count the person(s) that clog up the rate recent queue and then get mad when their submitted material is actually rated.

It doesn't seem to have been submitted to the Photo Critique forum.

While the distinctive feature of the photo.net Gallery is critique and rating of photos made by serious/avid photographers, many people submit photos to photo.net just because it provides free space and bandwidth. The photographers may not intend that people critique or rate the photos. I don't mind at all when this is done by subscribers. I also don't object if it is done in moderation (i.e. a few photos) by non-subscribers, especially non-subscribers who are contemplating becoming full members of the site. I think it is not really fair when people upload large numbers of photos without either the intention of (1) subscribing and/or (2) participating in the Critique Forum.

What about <a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/3235311" style="color:red">this</a> one of mine Brian, I was even able to rate it myself.

<br><br>

I rated it because while I was rating in the Rate Recent section, one of my photos which I had just uploaded appeared to rate even if I hadn't even requested critique or rating. So I wanted to see what happended if I rated it.

<br><br>

I would ask if you can please remove my rating, I don't care about the others but if it is easier, just remove all ratings.

<br><br>

The same happened in <a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/3235322" style="color:red">this</a> one.

Thank you.

I have posted on this subject before, and have been told that nothing gets into the rate recent queue that has not been submitted for critique, but I know that is not true, because I have had the same experience as Federico. I always do it the same way. I go to "Critique Requests" and then "rate recent." That should mean that I am only seeing photos submitted for critique, but that is not the case.