Why a red number badge on my avatar?

otislynch

Several weeks ago, a red circle with a 2 in it appeared over my avatar in the header when logging in. I can't find anything on the site to tell me what it is. Nothing happens when I click it and it doesn't correspond to notifications or alerts. Does anyone know why I'm only number 2? ;)

Numbers in red circles seem to appear for me for two distinctly different reasons.

1. When I'm in the FORUM part of the site, it will appear to alert me that I've received a LIKE or that I've been QUOTED in a thread or that I've received a personal message. It will appear under the ALERTS link and if I click on ALERTS, I will see what has occurred.
  2. When I'm in the PORTFOLIO or GALLERY part of the site, it will appear to alert me that I've received a comment on one of my photos. I then click on RECENT ACTIVITY and will be taken to the photo which has the most recent comment.

I just went to the RECENT ACTIVITY tab of my PORTFOLIO and, lo and behold, I'd received a new comment, so below is a screen shot. As you can see, it appears over the avatar. On the forum side, it appears near but not over the avatar.

25292956_ScreenShot2020-12-10at11_49_24AM.thumb.png.1a879a725bcd5a18642966b48caaf1d4.png

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Several weeks ago, a red circle with a 2 in it appeared over my avatar in the header when logging in. I can't find anything on the site to tell me what it is. Nothing happens when I click it and it doesn't correspond to notifications or alerts. Does anyone know why I'm only number 2? ;)

Did you check your Portfolio for comments? Vague recollection of something similar happening to me. Worth a try.

Did you check your Portfolio for comments? Vague recollection of something similar happening to me. Worth a try.

Nothing there. But I just clicked on every icon on the profile page and discovered two likes under "activity" that apparently correspond to this badge. What's weird is that I've had many likes, but none ever triggered a notification before. Oh well - it's like they say: no one remembers why they noticed you - they just remember that they noticed you. :)

Thanks for responding, Sandy! Stay safe.

Nothing there. But I just clicked on every icon on the profile page and discovered two likes under "activity" that apparently correspond to this badge. What's weird is that I've had many likes, but none ever triggered a notification before. Oh well - it's like they say: no one remembers why they noticed you - they just remember that they noticed you. :)

Thanks for responding, Sandy! Stay safe.

Thank you, Strange Days. Damned if I understand software anymore, and that is what I made my living at for several years toward the end of my career.