Who is this Japanese photographer?

sper

I saw her in a magazine last winter or spring. I do not have the issue any more, and

cannot remember what magazine it was in.

I believe it is a female japanese photographer. Her work focused on birth, life, and death.

I think the japanese words for these were the titles of the projects she was publishing.

Her format consisted of square color photographs. I can picture them in my head now,

they were beautiful. Many uses of pastel colors (I believe that is the term...), I seem to

remember a photograph of a child in a light blue-turquoise coverd slide. I also remember

aphotograph of an outstreched hand pulling on a party popper. In the death series one of

the stand out photographs was of a row of dead chickens. The one in focus had a single

drop of blood coming out of its mouth, though it was very morbid, it was also beautiful.

If anyone can remember the name of this photographer I would be very greatful.

Remember I believe it is a female japanese photographer working in color squares.

Thank you for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a small correction:

Her name is Rinko Kawauchi.

Her most prominent book is "Aila", but she did several more in the last years: "Utatane" [nap], "Hanabi" [fireworks], "The eyes the ears", "Cui Cui", e.g.

Her work can be seen currently at Photographer's Gallery in London and at PhotoEspana.

PS: her next book will be published next week: "RinkoNikki" [Rinko Diary] and but as usual only a few specialized shops will offer this book outside Japan.

Ferdinand

www.japan-photo.info