White Shirts & LR3

<p>I was called to take a group photo at a family event. I showed up and to my surprise everybody has white tee shirts with a happy birthday message stenciled on. The photo was a night in the garden. I used 2 flashes. The photos were taken in NEF format.<br>

How can I reduce the blast of white from the tee shirts with LR3?</p>

<p>Reduce the blast of white? Not sure what you are trying to do. Its blown out? Play with Exposure and recovery. If you didn’t actually blow out the highlights, you’ll have data in the raw. Or its got a color cast (use the set white point eyedropper). </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>If, like Andrew said, you exposed for the whites, you can VERY easily develop for the darks (assuming you used a reasonable ISO) and have a great image. IF however, you blew out the whites (say with too strong a flash or too high an ISO or whatever - the combinations are endless) , then I would start with (a) reduce exposure by, say, 1 stop, (b) reduce Brightness by around 15 and THEN © play around with Recovery. I'd be VERY gentle with that as it can turn your whites into a muddy yellowish tint. If the above are not enough, try working with your curves below, focusing on Whites (NOT Highlights).</p>