Where to repair original Canonflex

<p>I actually vited and bought from essex camera service at three locations.<br>

I read-sadly- about their problems.<br>

and from what I saw in picures and text, I have the following thoughts.<br>

the loss of water soaked classic cameras.<br>

is beyond my ability to understand.<br>

It is unlikely that any insurance would cover the value-- replacement valuse- of such cameras.<br>

despite the high moral attitude of that management, it is unlikely they could recover from such a disastewr.</p>

<p>I read thaty some employees were taking salvcagable cameras to other locations and trying to repair them. this indicates that the company may be operating under another name at a different location.<br>

again. despite being very honest and moral. I do not think there is any way they could fix replace or return the many cameras destroyes in the flood.<br>

but some of the employees may have the knowledge and experience to do so.</p>

<p>I am remided of the current tv adf, " your new $40,000 car i t boned and the insurance co will pay only $37,00== before the first oil chamnge"<br>

I would expect an insurance company might say " it is a 50 year old rolleiflex. peoplke do not use film cameras anymore. I will allow $15.00 for that old thing"</p>

<p>corre3ct me if I am wrong.</p>

<p>as far as most- but not all camera repair shops/.<br>

I have Miranda s with sticky lens diaphrags. nobody will even look at tghem.</p>

<p>I really wish you good luck</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies.</p>

<p>I ended up returning the system for a refund, because it had 'cellophane in the prism problem.' Half of me wishes I kept it, because it is a really nice camera system, minimally used, with a beefy quality reminiscent of the Leicaflex SL I've been using for the last decade or so. Nicer, in my opinion, then a Nikon F, and that makes you wonder ….</p>

<p>Both Kurt's Camera Repair and Clarence Gass indicated they would service the system.</p>

<p>Precision Camera Works, Steve Grady, Guss, Lazzari and Steve's Camera Service Center indicated they do not device this model. In fact, Guss indicated that henceforth he will only be working on "German cameras."</p>