Where can I find Mamiya C3 Leatherette?

<p>I posted a couple of weeks ago about an issue with my Mamiya C3's frame counter, and I finally took the camera apart to see what the trouble was. The rather small dent on the side that I mentioned was just enough to keep the dial from resetting.</p>

<p>Of course, I had to remove the leatherette on the side of the body. It was in several pieces already, and probably won't look very good if I try to glue it back on.</p>

<p>So, does anyone know where I can find new or NOS leatherette for it? It's the kind with the pattern of tiny m's. Will it interchange with another model, like the C2?</p>

<p>Best place to ask -<br>

<a href="http://www.cameraleather.com/others/">http://www.cameraleather.com/others/</a><br>

They list - <strong>Mamiya MSX, DSX series SLR's (including Sears MX, MXB)<br />Mamiya DTL series SLR's<br />Mamiyaflex, C2, Mamiya C220, C330, C330f ...</strong><br>

<strong>I guess I'd inquire about a C3 ?</strong><br>

<strong>Jim</strong></p>

<p>Bruce, have another brownie. Cameraleather's the ticket. I believe they'll cut custom templates if they don't have the covers for your camera as a stock item.</p>

<p>Having said that, I once lived in a community where they had to cancel the church Christmas pageant, because . . . they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Cameraleather's the ticket.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Another vote for Cameraleather-- if he doesn't have it, he can make it. Heck for a modest fee, he'll do a professional job of actually putting the leather on. It is not hard to do on most cameras, however.</p><div>00WGgE-237491684.thumb.jpg.c2ffc6a522a7877ee649d78717e68099.jpg</div>

<p>Re the Praktiflex -<br>

it was the cheap red leatherette. I was trying to match the texture and look of the original, which I had sent him along with the camera (before me, there was no Praktiflex template).</p>

<p>It turned out beautifully, although I put the real goatskin red cover on my Exakta (<a href="00NSzV">link</a>)</p>

<p>Kelly... I don't know if you've looked at priced of Mamiya TLR's, but there is no such thing as a "junker" in terms of prices. Unfortunately, I think the "M" rubberized covering is basically impossible to replace. I've looked at everything from upholstery to book-binding/covering materials and I've never found anything even close to it. If Mamiya has a back-stock of it, they are not publicly selling it to my knowledge. The best you can hope for is to have a custom covering made by someone using the pattern of your scrap pieces (made slightly larger to compensate for shrinkage of the original) in leatherette. Maybe that fake Lieca vulcanite stuff that CameraLeather has would be a good replacement?</p>

<p>Patrick; I saw one the other day for 37 that worked and six weeks ago for 18 with a bent/dropped bed. I have a C3 that I need some parts for; I buy stuff all the time on ebay. There is one all beat up on the bay now for 24.99. The better buys are listed oddly; one has to search more. There are all sorts of cheap mamyias on ebay if one hunts and waits. The last mamyia I bought was a C3 with 80mm for 27 bucks in January. Sometimes you never see the stuff because I buy parts bodies al the time; I have bought about 1 camera each week of different brands each week this year</p>