When do pictures get to be shown in the trending category and when do they not?

I searched back through several years of my content on Trending - a great deal of sound and fury and speculation but no real answers. Best I found was this from Jack McRitchie, a distinguished member. " If you haven't discovered this already, you should know that when you upload a picture and choose either No Category or Uncategorized in the category selection box you will not have your picture included on the Trending page no matter how many views, admires or comments you receive. Why include these two "categories" if you're going to be penalized for doing so?..."

So, apparently you need to post categorized photos in your portfolio. I haven't posted to my portfolio since my last trip - will have to see if I can capture something worthwhile today and post it to a category to confirm the theory.

Edited by Sandy Vongries

Thanks a lot Sandy for your hard work. I think you and Jack are just right. It is exactly because I have not categorized some of my pictures that they do not show up in the trending category. Mystery solved, thanks again!

I uploaded a few recent photos - they all appear as new uploads. We'll see if any of them make Trending and what info can be gained on how they got there.

Edit - Just checked - all of the shots I posted are now in Trending, a quarter of an hour later - no views, likes, or comments. Remember, the new stuff loads at the bottom.

Edited by Sandy Vongries