what rear cap for elmarit 28 third version?

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by hans_de_haan|1, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Hi guys, i recently acquired an elmarit 28/2.8 third version (e49) and I need the proper rear cap. What is the correct one (leica number), most of the time it's inside the cap itself:)!
    Kind regards, Hans.

2. The same used for any other Leica lens. It's a 14xxx. This lens doesn't have a protruding rear element, so you could even go for a third party rear lens cap.

BTW, I have one... with a nice vented hood.

3. My Elmarit 28 third version has an older kind of Leitz rear cap, which is less deep than the other ones, but it fits. My hood (12536) has a bayonet but no vents. Francisco is right, third party rear caps fit as well, I use several of them and I just checked on the Elmarit, they fit.

4. wel.... the generic cap only fits when i set the distance at around 1,5 meters or less, at infinity the cap does not fit, hence the idea that a deeper one is needed. I do have the 12536 hood, with one vent.

5. Any modern cap (the old leitz flat vith grey bayonet are probably out as they are slim!). 28 3rd version is a super lens , enjoy!

6. yeah the leitz cap is too thin, but the generic one only works when lens is et to 1,5 meters or more.