What is the best time of day or day of the week to post images

Here is something to ponder. . .

Is there a best time of day to post your image for criticism and ratings?

My question is not if there is a time of day when people are more likely to give

positive ratings, but rather is there a time of day when people are more likely

to stop and rate your image or take the time to critique an image.

Since we are online here from around please let us know your time zone in the

format of plus or minus GMT.

Interested in hearing your opinions!

Andy

Yes Bob, it does not seem to be know and is interesting to consider. Do you think there is a time of day when people are more likely to rate an image? For example people may be more likely to take 10 minutes out of their day to rate images in the mid-afternoon eastern standard time(EST) (-5GMT). I do not know, I am just beginning to pay attention. I have noticed that images posted on weekday mornings Eastern Standard Time (regardless of quality of image, based on average rating) do not get rated as often as images posted in the evening EST.

Like the (only possibly!) tragic outcome of the famous Schrodinger's Cat physics thought experiment, I think that the very act of asking the question will change the answer. <i>Now</i> you've done it!

<br><br>

That being said, I agree with your observation. East coast cocktail hour (and its progression across the land to the west) seems to loosen up people's critiquing muscles a bit. I have a bad habit of posting images late at night. That's the surest path to obscurity, methinks.

yes I agree! Some times, a few seconds after posting a picture, you have already received 4/5 ratings and others it takes minutes to get one. I'm in Europe so I'm not sure what time that would make it in the US but as I think the majority of members are from the US, this is the time you need to keep in mind.. Well I think, not sure.. never planned the timing of my posts :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I just scroll on to the 'Who's on line' section and check how many subscribed members there are. If it's below 200 - forget getting many ratings and comments! Sometimes there's something like 370-400 and obviously this is when you get your feedback.

The high figures tends to be in the evening for us English lot.

Weekends does seem to be awful which surprises me somewhat.

Regards

Claire<div>00KBCR-35275584.thumb.jpg.00f34d48fccb4c2e87abfbc9b9f1d7e0.jpg</div>

• 2 weeks later...