What film photography still has to offer

<p>High resolution (75 - 90 Megapixels) at reasonable ($3000 - 4500.00) cost. Used Mamiya RZ67 Pro II plus new Nikon 9000ED film scanner plus ancillary equipment common to both digital and film. <br>

Medium format black and white cannot be duplicated in digital yet. <br>

For artistic purposes it is a different medium. <br>

Proven archival storage.<br>

This list can be extended, and it will always be opinion. I love digital, and I love some aspects of film that digital doesn't reach. </p>

<p>Semi pro full frame bodies with all the bells and whistles for less than £100, that will most likely work with your existing lenses<br>

Or, compact kits for travel, which are both cheap and much lighter and than lugging around your dSLR<br>

A different aesthetic<br>

A different process<br>

Try it, you might like it</p>

<p>It’s kind of like going out to see a play. Why would you do that with all the expense etc. when you can just get something from Net Flicks and watch it in your living room?<br /> In many respects "the end of film" as been great for me. I how own tons of film camera gear that 10 years ago I could only dream of. Everything used is selling for only a tenth what it cost a decade ago.</p>

<p><em>"It’s kind of like going out to see a play. Why would you do that with all the expense etc. when you can just get something from Net Flicks and watch it in your living room?"</em><br>

I must admit, it's brainless statements like the one above which keep me coming back to Photo.net for entertainment purposes.... Someone better rush down to Broadway and tell all those Theater Goers they can watch DVDs in their living rooms! No more live performances and unique experiences! Forget all THAT nonsense! :)<br>

I missed this article and am glad to see ANYTHING in the mainstream press which promotes analog photography's unique pleasures.</p>

<p> </p>

<I>Au contrair,</I> I read a while back about a new artists whose modern art paintings were selling for thousands of dollars. People would gush about the freedom and raw animalistc quality of his work. They cried "Fraud!" and demanded their money back when they learned the paintings were done by a gorilla using finger paints. (The big problem was keeping the gorilla from eating the finger paints.)
James G. Dainis

• 4 weeks later...