What digital cameras for older Minolta lenses?

scott_paris4

<p>I'm sure a version of this question has been asked a thousand times, but usually in the other direction (What lens can I use on X camera?)<br>

My problem is that I have several manual focus Minolta lenses (MC & MD) and several auto-focus lenses for Maxxum film cameras. I've left it way too long (actually forgot about them in the back of the closet) but it's time to send them to the great auction site in the sky.<br>

Question is, are the Maxxum lenses usable on Sony (or any other digital) cameras, without adapters?<br>

(Pretty sure the manual focus ones are not. Can't remember, and don't have the cameras any more to try.)</p>

<p> </p>

The Maxxum lenses go on the Alpha digital SLRs. The adapter for the MC/MD lenses to Alpha has glass and isn't so

great - it needs to correct the focus because the lens ends up farther from the digital sensor than it's designed for

when the adapter is between the camera and the lens - but the lenses work very well on NEX cameras with simple

adapters.

<p>Short of custom modification of the camera (meaning $$$$$) either the NEX camera with adapter or Alpha is the simplest. I don't know if their are any adapters to fit MC/MD glass to mounts other than these. I did read a while back that a PNetter here had modified the MD mount to fit an alpha mount without glass, but again with crop factor and manual diaphragm and focus. It was for one of the Minolta f1.2 normals, I think. Unless the manuals are special (like the 58mm f1.2) I'd just settle for using the Maxxum lenses and either pick up a cheap film body for the manual lenses or just sell 'em or trade 'em.</p>