What are your picks for the most beautiful SLRs?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by jdm_von_weinberg, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Leicaflex Standard, many feel this camera is ugly, but to me it is a very pretty camera.

Leicaflex Stan.JPG

2. The most beautiful SLR with the cleanest, uncluttered lines is a Leicaflex SL.
    The toughest, most rugged, best built...Nikon F (although I had a friend who defended himself
    against a mugger in Central Park by using his Leicaflex as a mace, camera undamaged).

cary_chin|1 and James Bryant like this.
  3. [​IMG] Hasselblad 500 C, 'chrome' C 80 mm Planar, folding viewfinder with struts.

4. Not saying Mamiya c33 are particularly beautiful but this is mine P9211064.JPG

5. My main camera for 30 years.

Mike Gammill and luis triguez like this.
  6. From the Great Chrome Age

Bronica s 002  art.jpg

7. SCL

SCL

Not a SLR (title of this thread) but an absolutely gorgeous TLR:D

laurencecochrane likes this.
  8. I know NOT SLR only realised late last night OOOOOOOOPS

9. I don’t have a picture handy but hands down the Nikon F2 with an MD-2. By the way Robert I had to use mine to defend against a mugger in New Orleans once. It didn’t break either and I was able to photograph him bleeding and unconscious with the same camera.

Rick H

SCL, Mike Gammill and robert_bowring like this.
  10. I always thought this was rather pretty contax main.jpg contax front.jpg

luis triguez, Ranssu1, SCL and 7 others like this.
  11. Nikon F3, hands down.

SCL likes this.
  12. aw heck.

Here's my recovered Exakta in red goat
    IMG_0021.jpg

NHSN, Julio Fernandez, SCL and 2 others like this.
  13. When I replied back in 2007.. I noted the RTS as a contender..but likely too modern for the post!! I see that'S changed Thanks Stuart Pratt

stuart_pratt likes this.
  14. Yikes! That hurt my eyes, JDMvW.

Another entry: Sinar Norma. With Bino reflex finder attached, it is a SLR.

15. retina reflex III s.jpg
    I think that my Retina Reflex is a beautiful camera. Unfortunately it is non-operational.

16. My favourites are the Nikon F and F2 with the prism head or the F with that big block-headed F light meter, either black or chrome. Real brutalist beauty. I have none of these so unfortunately no photos to post. Also like the Leicaflex Standard, as posted above.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  17. SCL

SCL

People either love the design or hate it...in any case one Hell of a camera.
    Leica R8.JPG

18. As SCL said regarding the Leica R8:
    Personally, I think it's a magnificent design, and it's one camera I still lust after. On a more humble note, the Praktica BC-series were handsome cameras, and I particularly like the BC-1 with it's soft-touch body panels.

Pentacon Praktica BC1.jpg