Weekly Post Processing Challenge January 5, 2019

"Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun." (Gerald Cafferty)

The meter just clicked once again and here we are in 2019!

This is Palacio Salvo located on Plaza Independencia in Montevideo, Uruguay.

Have fun!1099956539_PalacioSalvo.thumb.jpg.3511518e541cb2267539d9fd664ea196.jpg

• Like 3

Palaciofinal.thumb.jpg.ef27dd43809c88ee8991d248b9291ce3.jpg Thanks for the photo! I went with sort of a vintage look. I cropped off the top of the building. I read that the top used to be a functioning lighthouse, but all I could see was a transformer-type robotic general, armed, wearing a gas mask and helmet, and staring down threateningly at los pobres ciudadanos. I apologize to all uruguayos.
  • Like 5

Thanks, @PuntaColorada. Now that you can joke that you're moving to work for the Welsh Space Agency. Sense of humor required ;)

The Palacio Salvo is an amazing building (which used to have a lighthouse on top, I read). I usually stare at a PP challenge for a while, waiting for some inspiration. I suddenly noticed that the 2nd tier of the Palacio (especially the downward pipes) looked like rocket boosters. So that was the basis for my 'fantasy'.

Good one Mike.

I used to joke and tell people that I was moving to Uruguay to work for the Uruguayan Space Agency. I had to stop because...Uruguay actually is in the space business!

A Uruguayan in Outer Space

Great to hear that you have 'Welsh Blood", @PuntaColorada! One of my other hobbies - from time to time - is genealogy. I discovered that my "Welsh Blood" was actually a mix of Welsh, English and Irish. Do you know where was your mother was from in Wales (just out of curiosity)?

I grew up in South Wales (Swansea) but I haven't lived there since 1973. Two of my (Welsh) best friend's aunts also became war brides in NY and Chicago. They often visitited and we visited them in 1973.

Welsh Space Agency.[/url] Sense of humor required ;)

Well, my mother was Welsh and moved to Canada as a war bride in 1945. I normally say that I'm half Newfie and the other third is Welsh!

Like several others, I cropped from the bottom and a bit from the right side. Then, in Color Efex, I used one of the vintage film filters, primarily for the light vignetting. In Silver Efex, I converted to b&w and then made tonal and sharpness adjustments. Wonderful grist for the mill, Punta!

1920376555_bwppc24.thumb.jpg.57102a70d88aa1a20c94741e9354566b.jpg

• Like 5

Ok, here's an attempt using a trial of GRFX Studio Pro software (win and mac). It's pricey for a special effects only package. This version was done totally using the software. I think the real reason for trying it is an excuse for me to turn everything blue...again. It's supposed to be a sudden rainstorm in the moonlight. Haha. The flag is not sufficiently wet enough yet to droop!

blue.thumb.jpg.979b82111e399c8e46f9d8770af656d0.jpg

• Like 4