Weekly Post Processing Challenge 14th September 2018

[ATTACH=full]1262503[/ATTACH]

I had some fun with this image. I put into Topaz and used their smudge tool to create the smooth dreamy effect. The other steps included the dehaze, clarity, and frame tool.

My immediate first thought was "van Gogh." I especially like the leaves.

Normally, I don't care much for digital manipulation, but this hits a home run!

• Like 1

Finally, an abstract version, all done in PSE15. Initially cropped from bottom and left side. Then went to "paint daubs" filter in the "artistic" menu. Used sponge tool for boosting saturation selectively, Then used negative settings to distort the sign poles and also the length of the vehicles. Finally, used sharpen tool to add sharpening artifacts to truck.1232338469_1527062_9b799f0dbf3529e837e9e8abb60a5b20copy.thumb.jpg.89df38abe5143844cdc7d87e15a574b2.jpg
  • Like 4

ppc11.thumb.jpg.919cbf21fa9f0924a638b7a8217c4d35.jpg

I started by cropping and then selecting the foreground car and making it a separate layer. I darkened the background layer and used "painting" in Pixel Bender Photoshop CS5 plugin to give it the swirls, following Gerry's lead. I applied a few filters in NIK ColorEfex, including "tonal contrast" and "Indian Summer", and flattened the image.

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 5

ClasicCars09142018_1-1_1.thumb.jpg.37ed7a4b5e85cff1e6ad85626761508d.jpg

Great response all the versions are very good. Here's mine.

I started in RawTherapee in the exposure tab I used the tone curves to add contrast and I also reduced the black. I then did a small amount of sharping. Then I used white balance to increase temp a little. I then moved to Gimp where I cloned out the long post to the right of the classic car sign. I then added a vignette across the bottom to darken the road.

• Like 4

PostProc_Challenge_jp2-091518.jpg.2e7d052158ce962b0d5db27237e1c54c.jpg

Processed in LR, cropped to keep only cars, adjusted dehaze, contrast, black and white clipping to darken but not completely close all shadows, used the new built-in Camera Profile: B&W Red Filter conversion, added grain and post-cropping vignette. I guess, trying for an old high speed film look?

• Like 3