Wednesday Landscapes, 25 April 2018

Leslie Reid

You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Would you believe it’s an aerial view of the cliffs above the Valley of the Kings near Luxor, Egypt? I didn’t think so. But this may have the makings of a challenge for next week's thread, if anyone is interested: how small of an area can you photograph and still make it look like a landscape? (And if you want to take up the challenge, you can post the challenge photo(s) next week in addition to whatever other landscape photo(s) you want to post)

D02-_MG_3594.jpg.d6b0c0d28f0401bc0c6b224204a2c82b.jpg

• Like 3

74208019_3rockscapitolreef.thumb.jpg.77c7f55b5f7d7f5e4d4ea318dc56a997.jpg

I usually have little success with HDR images, but I was happy with this one. I took it, hand held, while hiking in Capitol Reef National Park last week. I combined two images in Affinity Photo's HDR Merge function, one photo exposed for the foreground and one for the sky.

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 5

There's a local tulip gardens with acres and acres of flowers in May, and you need either ritalin or a heckuva lot of self control to focus on one shot. As many thousands of shots I've made I like this crop the best. When I pull back and get all the fields it just looks like any other field of bright flowers. Also shows how well Provia 6x7 could convey warmth if processed correctly contrary to it's rep.

veldeers_master.thumb.jpg.1cc570e357d683a1e42df6446c07b800.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

8 Element Leitz Summicron 35mm f/2 shot at f/5.6 mounted to a Leica M9 - ISO 500

Post processed via the discontinued Picasa...

L1000921.thumb.jpg.bbfa59d17d799d767153daa71a1abfaa.jpg

Yosemite Forest - Flood, beatles, man-made clearing and lots of "Leaves of Three, Leave it be's"...