Wednesday Landscapes, 18 November 2020

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Nov 18, 2020.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

What waves do when no one is watching...

D02-_MG_0621.jpg

2. Yellowstone, Nikon D800e, 16-35mm Nikkor at 16, f8, 1/500, ISO 400, -30 degrees F Yellowstone Thermal.jpg

3. 0012LAN Frondoso  Valla Troncos de Madera-Verde-NAFS70-300VR.jpg Nikkor AF-S 70-300 G ED (70) on DX

4. This one's for you, Ludmilla.

shoreline.jpg

5. Thanks, Michael. I especially liked your snowscape (from a distance :) )

I used to love winter when I was young. Not the harsh North American/Siberian winters (that I’ve never experienced) but the moderate ones (0c was my limit)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    michaellinder likes this.
  6. is it still a landscape if no land is actually visible?
    [​IMG]
    rain in the fall​

7. Campus-Lake.jpg
    Sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5

8. 64606A36-9096-4770-93C7-CF12F9DD9AF9.jpeg Ox Mountains, Sligo, Ireland. Two frame panorama, Canon 5D, 17mm TS-e.

9. Autumnal Disorientation

[​IMG]

A reflection off of a pond next to a road, with many distracting (i.e., ugly) elements around it I narrowed my FOV to what was the most interesting to my eyes and excluded everything else from the composition. It's really just a snapshot taken with a $215 lens I was testing on my D500 (it's an AF-S NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR with a faulty VR mechanism that jiggles every time the lens is powered up, but I think it's otherwise a great deal and will be getting another one from KEH).

Leslie Reid and James Bryant like this.