Wedding Planner wants high resolution pictures to show to her clients

menelaos2

Hi guys, nice to meet you here! I'm a Greek wedding photographer and a wedding planner from Czech Republic asked me to send her some high quality images to show them to her clients in order to hire me as a photographer.

I do have my concerns about the usage of the photos. How can I ensure that I will send her my pictures and she won't hire another photographer instead of me? Should I send her my pictures or not? Isn't my website enough to show it to her clients?

Thank you so much for your replies!

Jim

You can't be sure that she will not hire another photographer. That's not your goal here. You are not the photographer for every client or for every job. Neither is anyone else.

In your heading, you say that she wants "high resolution" but in your text you say "high quality". Those are two different things. I would find out how she plans to show the images, on screen, on a TV, prints, books . . . And send her images optimized for that platform. The images should be water marked with your copyright information.

If you don't trust her, you don't really want to work with her, do you?

I concur with ed's comments. You need to define exactly what it is the Wedding Planner wants and how the images are to be presented.

Additionally, (assuming that you live in Greece), are you prepared to travel to shoot this particular wedding in the Czech Republic - do you know the details of the wedding - the date etc. If you are not able to do the job then there is little point in going to the effort to provide a range of HiRes or HiQual sample images.

WW