Website Search problem

andrew_kelly2

<p><br /> Hi<br /> I have had a photography website since 24 May 2005 that’s approx four and a half years.<br /> It contains just over 400 pages but I also periodically update the site.<br /> I recently updated all the tags, image names and alt texts based on excellent advice from Victor Drummond on this forum, in order for google to index the site better.<br /> <br /> The problem is that after over 4 years, Google has only indexed 31 pages.<br /> Worse, if I google image searc unique names that google has already indexed the pages do not even appear.<br /> This means that images come and go and google will never see them.<br /> <br /> I have uploaded the sitemap in XML produced by one of the standard tools. On my google page, the status says good and it can see “Total: 130, Indexed: 21”<br /> <br /> <br /> Don't know if Victor is still around, but am I doing something fundamentally wrong here. The only thing that I can think of was that I was using frames in the past but I have now removed them.<br /> <br /> My website:<br /> www.akellyphoto.com</p>

<p>I posted a response and didn't read yours completely, sorry. I take you have an account on Google to submit a search index for the file? If so, check the file for mistakes. If not, then you may need one to submit the file. Do you use Google analytics? It helps but will also show which files are accessed and information kept. I use both (index and analytics) and haven't had problems with Google's search and indexing.</p>

<p>Then I'm lost why isn't not working. Did you look at the sitemap.xml? I looked at my sitemap.xml and Google only indexed 341 of 412 Web pages. I'll have to explore that, but I use the same (template) tags with all my pages. I use Rage Sitemap Automator which scans the Website, generates the new file and submits them to four search engines. </p>