Website review

richard_sharum

Richard, my first response was kind of indifferent, but I tried to put myself in the shoes of your prospective client and,

really, I think you've done a nice job. It's tightly focused on your market and shows the work off well. It comes across as

a real business rather than just some guy with a camera which should engender trust in prospective clients.

A few things I would consider:

Get the term 'Dallas' in the title tag of your home page and on the home page somewhere. I think you will want to rank as

highly as possible for the search term 'Dallas Real Estate Photography.' Nobody is going to search for 'shoot 2 sell' that

doesn't already know how to find you so having it in the title is wasted space from a search engine perspective.

The banner at the top of the home page looks so much like a banner ad that I ignored it at first. The banner has text in it

like 'Dallas-Ft Worth' and 'photography' that really should be on the page as text, not embedded in a picture where search

engines can't read it. I know how nice it is to have the full typographic control you get when you do the layout in an image, but it's a poor tradeoff in this case.

The index page has a link marked 'Home' that goes to a 404 Not Found (The link is missing the 'l' in 'html'). You could just lose the link since you are already at the home page.

When I click on contact I see what I think is an error message saying: 'Invalid public key. Make sure you copy and pasted it

correctly'

In your about page you talk about High-Definition Resolution Imagery (HDRI). I was always under the impression that

HDRI stood for High Dynamic Range Imaging as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging It might be

worth double checking to make sure you have this one right because it reflects poorly on your credibility if it isn't.

I know logos are really hard to come up with, but it's important that a logo reflects your business and speaks to the

clients you are trying to attract. Everything about the copy and the gorgeous properties you are showing suggests you

are aiming for the upper end of the market. The logo and the 'banner ad' on the home page are considerably more

pedestrian and look more appropriate for a high school sports shooter. I would try to refine the look of the logo a bit or

hire a designer to come up with something that helps you focus your message.

That's a lot of critique, but it seems like you really know who you are aiming to attract and, honestly, you don't see

that very often from photographers so it would be nice to see you really nail it. At any rate, I hope that's helpful.

Good luck.