Website concept in development, ideas welcome

discordianist1

<p>I've spent couple last days throwing together ideas about my site. Below is the link to what it is at the moment. I would love to hear some ideas and concepts on how to develop it into nicer package with out sacrificing usability (which comes from integration to other sites and ease of updates all abroad).<br>

Like when I want to publish a site as link, I click publish to tumblr link on my toolbar. When I want to write a blogpost I either send it from email (which get's processed by one blog, reposted to other and then linked by twitter and facebook) or post by clicking post on tumblr link on my toolbar (again links to twitter and facebook autamagically provided). Picture gallery from Photo.net and front side with running flickr stream, both always in status that they are so no work from me. This way the site would keep running with minimum extra input from me, just working my way through the web as usual (when I post something on forums, I put it on flickr, so it gets on site. When I have a work I want to present I send it to Photo.net for critique so it get's to be on the site as well).<br>

If you have ideas how to develop this to nicer looking package with out any coding from my part or any manual labor in updating process (since at the moment there is none, only my usual web presence which gets updated automagically) I would love to hear about it.<br>

As a note, this is NOT my professional site in any way. It's in the workings and will be developed by a web designer and as I do photoshoots for money only periodically and not as a day job the that site is will not be about photos.<br>

<a href="whyiam.weebly.com">whyiam.weebly.com</a></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Hi Santtu,</p>

<p>Great site, very minimal yet informative. It works as a collective focus of your other efforts, as long as they don't go down it shouldn't present you with problems.</p>

<p>I would probably take issue for critisism with all the offsite-ing involved if you you were presenting these things as your proffessional works (like 'I'm a photographer'), but you point out how that's not the case, no probs and actually pretty cool.</p>

<p>While not having a clear contact link was a little off, I like the 'I am, I am?' reference, it gives you a free pass imho. I would however move it to the last menu item, contact is usually in the end.</p>

<p>I'd recommend to also rotate the home page slideshow occasionally, both for returning visitors and your own sense of inpiration.</p>

<p>Hope that helps! :)</p>