W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #52

Bill, those are so sharp my eyes are bleeding.....

Thank you! It was a German 50mm v. 4 Summicron in silver chrome - the last version with the reversable shade (actually quite rare in silver). There are a number of lenses I've regretted selling over the years - that is most definitely one of them. It was a fabulous performer!

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

So a late festive season contribution. Shot's from my club - I live in rural hinterland. It's a strange world to most, I'm new to it, but I warm to it. These people (and I've posted photos of some of them before) are genuine; straight up and down. Shot with my M6, HP5, Ilfosol, scanned with an epson 700 (gone back to film - exercising the camera, with flash. At our clubs xmas lunch). Hope that you're new year is safe, enjoyable, and a chance for you to rejoice. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). Look, the moderator may remove this, and I would expect it, but, for me, let us rejoice that we celebrate Christmas, a celebration of divine intervention into our mundane world. A chance to; ah what am I doing? Enjoy the photos.

Billblackwellphotography - bravo. Said it before, say it again - I'd give my eye teeth for your control of clarity. Uhooru, a hoot - love it. And Allen Herbert, how did you set that shot up?. I've said it before, Martin Heidegger said art calls. That image calls. You should be proud. Bill Bowes, again. a crisp shot. Regards again, Arthur (apiarist1)

1837408382_christmas1.thumb.jpg.a7ee576049ea509363cecd424f7a7823.jpg 1984995129_christmas2.thumb.jpg.59cdcb2c17628ff3c8ef9e37576b299c.jpg 1866073772_christmas3.thumb.jpg.e19dbfe786c51832813fdc471f549ab9.jpg

• Like 5

"And Allen Herbert, how did you set that shot up?" Arthur.

Just a snapper, Arthur. Never have time in my busy world to set a shot up: but would be interesting to let my imagination run riot.

Your honest character photographs are a pleasure to behold. Exceptional photography, and I mean than thought.

Arthur, that thought is coming from a modest super star;))

• 2 weeks later...