W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #46

So, been a bad week for me, other than the melbourne cup. So a follow up of fanciers:

november2.thumb.jpg.465f8322748d35b306dd2bd8d928e76b.jpg

And then again, an oasis in the desert. A visit from my friend of long standing, though not good, Larry. Done with a retinaIIc - cooked (you must forgive me. The temperature got away. ID-11. A keeper. So shots from our night out. A waiter - gay as they come.

november3.thumb.jpg.9dce55b69b43dbfb1ec1548dcca1719d.jpg

So, Larry. I envy him. He's really landed on his feet, And I will not post a file. But for a chase to proseipon, herewith me with Larry.Taken by his partner Carol with my Retina IIc

november9.thumb.jpg.11756201655a15d8a382532b641f3ee2.jpg

I'm to the left. I have not seen 'selfies' on this site before. I look old. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

• Like 5

ei_20190919_478.jpg.865814638a8d4a59a29f100a71dec13b.jpg

This past 4th of July getting ready for a swim in a lake. It rained on and off that hot July day, three times on us while we were at the lake. My son Mirza, chatty and restless as always. If he could only keep still for a fraction of a second :). But, then again, the memories would not be the same. [MP, 35 mm Summicron (IV), Acros]

Edited by stric1975
  • Like 5

[ATTACH=full]1317226[/ATTACH]

This past 4th of July getting ready for a swim in a lake. It rained on and off that hot July day, three times on us while we were at the lake. My son Mirza, chatty and restless as always. If he could only keep still for a fraction of a second :). But, then again, the memories would not be the same. [MP, 35 mm Summicron (IV), Acros]

That's really good stric1975. Some purposeful vignetting? Moments lost in time, like tears lost in rain.

That's really good stric1975. Some purposeful vignetting? Moments lost in time, like tears lost in rain.

Thanks, and given that it was getting dark, I had to open the lens really wide.

Also, Roy said that before he died in Blade Runner. It's a memorable quote from one of my favorite movies :)

Edited by stric1975

I guess I could share a few more from SO2019

These are really nice shots and it looks both the Artisan lens and the M-E work well as a tandem. I especially like the first shot in the series. I this the original M-E based on M9 chassis?

Also, are these some kind of re-creations of WW2 events that you are photographing? If yes, where?

Thanks, and given that it was getting dark, I had to open the lens really wide.

Also, Roy said that before he died in Blade Runner. It's a memorable quote from one of my favorite movies :)

Yes stric1975, Roy did. Did you know about the eyes, and the reflection. It told you who was a replicant and who was not. A great movie, under-appreciated at its release, but since a classic. It was an essay on what it was to be human, based on Phillip Dicks's novella 'do robots dream of android sheep'. Rutger Hauer died a few months ago. Sorely missed. Keep your shots coming. You have an eye, and an appreciation of light. Regards, Arthur

• Like 1