W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #42

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Back from a long road trip, and there were some nice photos posted I see. Thanks all. But now its time for...some more pics. I'll start from a photo taken on the trip in inland Mendocino county. A beautiful area of Northern California.

[​IMG]Mendocino County, CA by Barry Fisher

2. On the approach to LAX.

M6, 15/4.5 CV Super-Wide Heliar ASPH, 400TMY-2, HC-110B

[​IMG]

arthur_mcculloch|2 and Uhooru like this.
  3. I always like the perspective of looking from heavy shade well framed, into light.
    It works well in the first photo.

Uhooru likes this.
  4. M6, 35mm Summicron, Velvia, Nikon Coolscan V

image.jpeg

5. Summicron 35mm, M10. Cosplayer Selfie at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Fan Expo 2018.
    selfie.jpg

6. Leica M3, Summicron 50mm f/2
    Leica-M-3.jpg

7. Leica M-P 240, 35mm Distagon f/1.4
    L1002527bw.jpg
    L1002532bw.jpg
    El Centro Valley, CA - mid-afternoon, yesterday (10/13)

8. Trying out the M10 in the "pretend Monochrom" mode with the 50/2 Summicron. Set to Raw and Jpeg and setting the Jpeg to Monochrome. Some slight editing, but not much. The jpegs look good, but have less latitude of course. Pretty neat to see the picture in monochrome on the screen.

L1001656.jpg

allancobb, Moving On and James Bryant like this.
  9. Hi Bill, are the wind turbines off the highway from the 580? Going towards (or away) from the Bay area? The landscape as presented looks like Mars :) The cloud are beautiful! Were you using a red filter?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 6:58 PM
  10. I was on I-8 about 30-45 minutes out from the AZ boarder checkpoint on the CA side (El Centro). No filter was used. The shot was only slightly under exposed, which helped bring out the clouds. The B&W conversion was done in Photoshop with the assistance of Nik. Film simulation used was Pan-X.

Using the M-P 240 I usually like the post-processed B&W conversions in RAW better than color. I owned an M Monochrom (M9 version) and I much prefer the conversions from the M-P 240; they just have more "pop" to them. Needless to say, I sold the Monochrom not long after acquiring the M-P 240.

The image below is pre-conversion to B&W.

L1002527c.jpg

Uhooru, allancobb and carbon_dragon like this.
  11. [​IMG]

At Memorial Museum Passchendaele
    Leica M-E with Nikkor-H.C. 5cm f/2

12. Moving on. You may like 2 try -.3 underexposure. Leica digital has always had problems c highlights. The bridges foot wood. Regards arthur on hols and consigned 2 a mobile phone. Great shot btw. Billblackwellphotography really excellent.