W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week # 29

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Here we are again, waiting to join in and share your work. Thanks for all the participation. I'll start with a photo from Down Town Los Angeles, I hope you enjoy. Don't be bashful, put them up!
    [​IMG]

2. Leica M-P 240, 50mm Asph Summilux
    L1001908c.jpg
    L1001882cbw.jpg
    B&W Conversions via Nik. Film Simulation = Pan-Ex (above) and Tri-Ex (below).
    L1001904cbw.jpg
    Botanic Gardens, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

3. Film Simulation = Pan-X and Tri-X. I thought that looked funky! But I didn't figure out why until it was too late to edit/correct. ...

... here's this week's FrankenLeica:
    DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg

Allen Herbert and bertliang like this.
  4. Leica M4-P , Voigtlander 35mm f1.4, Kodak Plus 200 Donner Lake.jpg
    Donner Lake CA, 2018
    Old Car.jpg

San Francisco, Marina Blvd

5. My posts. I had wanted to post some M6 (with HP5) shots made last weekend, but decided not to. One is on another post about the problems I'm having with dust, grain, grit, etc. Ah, film, it's a journey, and a challenge. So three shots from my monochrom m ('my debt') taken last weekend at dinner, and using a newly acquired voigtlander (aka cosina) 25mm color-skopar. My initial impressions are not that good. These were wide open with no flash in pub light (the batteries on my flash were dead). So at the upper ISO range of the m - you could, in febrile dreams, say it emulates film. Anyway, herewith. These are all at our local (rural hinterland of Oz) bowling club. The first is of the bartendress; if I can be politically uncorrect, a very generous women of immense character, vibrancy, and life. The second is of her son, I believe. The third is of a patron at the cheap and easy Thai/Chinese at the club (which is surprisingly, indeed, exceptionally good - if for any reason, in your sober moments, you ever find yourself lost in rural Oz, you could not do any worse than have a meal at this club. The ambience is crap; but the food is exceptional). Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

club5.jpg club7.jpg club2.jpg

6. Did I say 'uncorrect'. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Billblackwellphotography, your second and third shots are quite engaging. Well done. The third in particular, quite evocative. Well done. They are good, indeed, very good. Now, what do we do with the 'frankenleicas? I'm not sure. I'm not sure what we have to discern, and if there's a prize if we get it right. The story that Mary Shelley wrote of Frankenstein, in her teenage years, beyond her years, resonated with so much. Anyway, great shots, billblackwellphotography. I'll add one of the 'abortive' shots I made with HP5. It doesn't get worse than this:

a test.jpg

Uhooru, Allen Herbert and bertliang like this.
  7. Rural Vermont. 35mm Summicron, M10.
    L1004007.jpg

arthur_mcculloch|2 and bertliang like this.
  8. Anybody out there who remembers Cream's rendition of "Cross Roads" ? These guy did an 11+ minute romp with it ! Sweet... Aloha from the Mainland, Bill 2k18-055-DSCF1067 ces13 4x6 gsbc.JPG 2k18-055-DSCF1067 ces13 4x6 gsbc.JPG 2k18-055-DSCF1067 ces13 4x6 gsbc.JPG

Uhooru and arthur_mcculloch|2 like this.
  9. V2.2 is being VERY weird here.

10. ei_20180116_402.jpg
    MP, 50mm 'cron, Velvia.

11. Whatever you like. I really don't expect anything from anyone, but I'll answer any questions anyone might have. I just thought there might be some interest out there. I'd say we could have a contest to see who could guess all of its make-up, but there's not enough activity in this forum for that anymore. Pretty sad, actually.

12. " just thought there might be some interest out there"Bill.

There is but a lot of folks are too shy to post.

13. First light this morning, with the M262 and 21mm f3.4 Super Elmar..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 5-Canon-Canon-50-1,8.jpg
    Canon VL2 w Canon 50mm f/1,8​

15. FP4_R6_20180716_0033.jpg

R6, Summicron-R 90mm (FP4 in Pyrocat HD)

James Bryant likes this.
  16. It would be a good picture for a Pink Floyd record jacket.

Vincent Peri likes this.