W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #27

That ancient M8 is still kicking arse. ...
Thanks, Allen. I had a love-hate relationship with that camera; those @#$% IR-Cut filters!!! The files are small, which limits the size you can print, and it produces images that are very film-like. You get what you get. OTOH, I can reproduce a similar look with my M-P 240 with larger files - it simply gives me more options.

I'm still finding files from the M8 I never processed. The above are among those.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

Stric1975 great shot. Allen Herbert, just finished my last subject, koine greek. There is something about translation that can never be avoided. Its indeterminancy. Trouble and strife. Thanks for your comments. I wear spectacles now. Sic transit gloria mundi. Not greek. I know. I dont have greek polytonic on this phone. Regards Arthur (apiarist1)

So, I'm re-posting a couple of shots I've already posted before. Of Mike. He died this last weekend. Fell over at night last Sunday night. Head injury. Found by the people he lived with on Monday morning. He had a savage life, and he didn't help things. Vale Mike. This is a shot with my monochrom some time ago.

agoodbye.thumb.jpg.ec95ea8635618299cacec8c441722644.jpg

• Like 2

This is a more recent shot. He got worse as time went on. Our photographs lock people in time, like bugs stuck in amber. With each shot, we witness. Thanks, I'm maudlin, Arthur (this one with film, M6, FP4, with flash). 'Sing me a song oh muse' , the opening lines of the Odyssey. Arthur (apiarist1)

agoodbye2.thumb.jpg.f62f2f2bfbf350a3fc88fd68cde9cca7.jpg