W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #2

They are good shots Billblackwellphotography. That's a rugged coastline.

My shots are from a 'concert' Jan and I went to last Thursday night at Upper Landsdowne, a small rural hamlet about 20 k's from Taree. It was at the community hall. A band called Northern singers, or something like that. They had just been to the Woodford Festival, and were returning to Melbourne. The first is of one of a singer (I think she would have been all of fourteen). The second of the band in the hall. The third is of another of the singers. The last two are of two of Upper Landsdowne's denizens, who had set themselves up across the road to enjoy the music without having to pay admission. It was a great affair; nearly everyone, other than the band, over 50; tea and cakes prepared by the local matriarchs. All taken with a monochrom, ramped up ISO, and 75mm voigtlander lens (which has become my 'go to' lens, along with the 50mm summicron). An interesting thing: the camera seems to have developed some independence. I normally set it at -.3 exposure (to try to accommodate the monochrom's persistent blowing out of highlights), but it set itself to -1. Will have to try to work that out. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)740219079_xmas6.thumb.jpg.52340e299054e59ca3999edca70585dc.jpg

xmas4.thumb.jpg.3df46b29b83650048db6ad24e9a5068a.jpg xmas3.thumb.jpg.7481e9c2c78516a8f0095eada07df26f.jpg xmas2.thumb.jpg.80719cf5e26df244a682cdfef8e119f8.jpg xmas1.thumb.jpg.768a3d97c481d322f9f80a529a507944.jpg

• Like 5

ei_20181213_003.jpg.b3de8722b0f609209e33bd4989bde24b.jpg

I have this thing about motorcycles... sorry, but I can't help it. When I see something special I get transfixed. Here is a blast from the past, and it's quite special. 1942 Harley Davidson, still alive and kicking. The owner showed me how to start this contraption. It took some skill, and then off it went leaving me in dust and smoke. How does that saying goes... about not making them as they used to?

Leica MP, 35 mm Summicron, Fujifilm Acros 100, yellow filter.

Edited by stric1975
  • Like 4

Stric1975 - great shots. I too have a 'thing' about motorcycles. I have a 1981 Triumph Bonneville under tarp at the moment. Had it running about 25 years ago, then domestic re-apportionment hit. I'm now tossing whether to have it refurbished, or use my money to buy a cycle that works. I've been looking at the BMW F800 or 700 as possibilities. They look good bikes. The Bonnie was ex-speedway, so is not original (it has a 4 speed box, not 5), and would probably cost more than it would ever be worth to restore. But, like the siren's song, it calls. Great shots, regards, Arthur

They are good shots Billblackwellphotography. That's a rugged coastline.

My shots are from a 'concert' Jan and I went to last Thursday night at Upper Landsdowne, a small rural hamlet about 20 k's from Taree. It was at the community hall. A band called Northern singers, or something like that. They had just been to the Woodford Festival, and were returning to Melbourne. The first is of one of a singer (I think she would have been all of fourteen). The second of the band in the hall. The third is of another of the singers. The last two are of two of Upper Landsdowne's denizens, who had set themselves up across the road to enjoy the music without having to pay admission. It was a great affair; nearly everyone, other than the band, over 50; tea and cakes prepared by the local matriarchs. All taken with a monochrom, ramped up ISO, and 75mm voigtlander lens (which has become my 'go to' lens, along with the 50mm summicron). An interesting thing: the camera seems to have developed some independence. I normally set it at -.3 exposure (to try to accommodate the monochrom's persistent blowing out of highlights), but it set itself to -1. Will have to try to work that out. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)[ATTACH=full]1277937[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1277932[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1277933[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1277934[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1277935[/ATTACH]

Very impressive!!!