W/NW Pic-O-The-Week #16

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by billblackwellphotography, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Saint Anthony's Greek Orthodox Monastery, Florence, AZ
    Leica M-P 240
    L1000211PCR.jpg
    CV 15mm Super-Wide Heliar Aspherical III
    L1000208(C).jpg
    21mm Asph Elmarit-M
    L1000190(P).jpg
    21mm Asph Elmarit-M

2. There's obviously a story here, billblackwellphotography, behind these excellent shots. What is it? Eastern Orthodox? They are good shots and call for some exposition. Well done. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

3. M10, Summilux 50mm. Through the window of a local pub on Cambie Street, Vancouver.
    flamenco.jpg

4. Kiev 4A / Jupiter-8, UFX100, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k19-043-015 ces5 bc bm 4x6.jpg

5. Many thanks, Arthur. I rarely feel deserving of your kind words about my photography - I'm fortunate enough to be using equipment well suited to me and I'm versed well enough in Photoshop to get some great mileage out of some relatively, at least IMHO, average pictures.

There's nothing too earth-shattering here - it's a stop I have made on occasion when I am in the Phoenix, AZ area - a "real" Greek Orthodox Monastery campus, open to the public. It's located in Florence, AZ - pretty much located in the middle of nowhere - about half-way between Phoenix and Tucson.

6. So a mixed bag from me today. Spent most of the preceding week in Sydney at a 'network meeting' (a bi-annual event, work related). The first is our church's pastor, with the monochrom and my go-to voigtlander lens. Intentional vignetting. The second is the 'eternity bar' at Central railway station. Recently re-furbished. I waited there while my delayed train had a carriage replaced before it could depart - an ageing train fleet and a government uninterested in public transport. Name came about because Arthur Stace, a reformed alcoholic and petty criminal, spent much of his life writing the word 'eternity' in chalk on pavements, walls, really everywhere from mid to late last century. Again, the monochrom with pushed ISO, 50mm summicron from memory. The third is my spouse's son and his sister at a recent dinner we went to. M6 FP4 with flash developed in Ilfosol, scanned on an epson flat bed. Andrew.jpg
    Eternity bar.jpg Shawn.jpg

7. ei_20181213_457.jpg
    MP, 35 mm 'cron, Acros 100

8. One thing for sure.

Arthur can grab a character in a natural way.

9. [​IMG]
    Engineer Museum - Open Museum Week 2019
    Kodak Retina II (type 142), Kodak 5cm f/3.5 Ektar, Fomapan 100 Classic

10. Arthur, please check your private mail. Aloha, Bill

11. Untitled_Panorama2a.jpg
    American Bottom from Fort de Chartres
    Nikon S2, Nikkor-S 5cm f/1.4

jean_claude_watry likes this.