W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #1 (2019)

billblackwellphotography, said it before, won't say it again, other than to add that the composition, particularly in the last two shots, is exceptional. You seduce me into thinking about a 21mm lens. And Allen Herbert, so well done. You should read Martin Heidegger (despite his aberrations and history) on art. Again, the image calls. And MarcelRomviel, what an evocative shot. It invites the viewer to think about relationships

The 15mm Super-Wide Heliar is one of my favorite lenses and I use it quite frequently. I have the original version with a LTM adapter, so I use it on every one of my Leicas (both film and digital) and Canon rangefinders. The supplied external viewfinder works great for framing; on my M240, I normally use live view (ususally the EVF) and I've never noticed any issues, such as vignetting, etc. Just to be sure, the adapter I use with it is coded according to the Leica Tri-Elmar 16-18-21 code (010000).

On the M8, the crop factor makes it roughly equivalent to a 20mm lens; any corner issues that may exist regarding the this lens are cropped out and I really like the results.

22707413528_dfa0b72dec_b.jpg

M8, 15/4.5 SW Heliar

The newer versions of this lens are supposed to be better suited for digital Ms, but my original version seems to do the job fine.

• Like 4

It's not quite new year here yet, in the land of Oz. But my contribution, and it may not work. I have not fathomed lightroom. Anyway, I hope it posts. A fellow, at our pub's verandah today. My everready monochrom and summi 50MONO1645.thumb.jpg.9fe13b3c8d8bc1b50ba4b78bb44a605d.jpg mm. May your new year bring you great joy and many blessings. Regards and great joy (and I will say a special wish for 'Moving on' - we had harsh words this year - to you and your family, may the new year be joyous and fruitful, and bring you great bounty. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1, and behold, one of my colonies swarmed today, the carniolans - my spouse went to work - she's a nurse, does shifts, was on an evening today. Just left 5 minutes and it happened. Couldn't track or retrieve the swarm
  • Like 5

Ah yes, Allen Herbert. Bit more of the light thing. Gently said, and most deservedly. When i look at it i shudder. It's a new year. I hope we all continue to chase/seek the light. And seek 2 capture it. Look 4ward to 2019 - what it brings. I hope that theres a growing contributor cohort, and some diversity in contributors. I see few women, let alone LGBTI contributors. I can't tell who is Indigenous. But look 4ward to the year. Regards and best wishes. Arthur (apiarist1).

MONO1644-2.thumb.jpg.2219e94546c9cdac0cdca683dcf9406a.jpg Yes, if you are there. More light - my failure with Lightroom. So trying again. Hope it works.

Moving On, best wishes for the new year. Look forward to more shots from the Nikon. As said before, you are blessed with a camera of great capacity. I apologise for any intemperance this last Year (I am prone to it - it dogs me, something awefull. I wish I could do something about it.) Keep safe, and keep the images coming.

So, a rehearsed shot (God, I hope that this works). I may be off line for some months - doing the last subject of a postgrad diploma. Testing my mind. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). And again, best wishesMONO1644-2.thumb.jpg.2219e94546c9cdac0cdca683dcf9406a.jpg n buone natale

• Like 2