W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #6

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Leica M10-P
    50mm Asph Summilux-M
    L1000772PC(B&W).jpg

L1000767P2(B&W).jpg

L1000256P(B&W).jpg

L1000357P(B&W).jpg
    B&W via Nik (Panatomic-X)

2. 0009L&R Contraluz Fregando Tarima Barcas Embarcadero-Tele-Elmar135.jpg

0011L&R Dos Guardia Pito Silbato Dirigiendo Circulación-Tele-Elmar135.jpg

0013L&R Otoño Hojas Amarillas Flotando-Tele-Elmar135.jpg

0014L&R Cerámica Cristal Dos Chicas Detrás Ventana Palacio Cristal-Tele-Elmar135.jpg
    the four pictures with Leica Tele-Elmar 135 on different Fuji X-

3. Horses, Leica M9, Tele-Elmar 135mm F4

phL1002368.jpg

4. Grabbing a quick lunch in downtown Louisville

[​IMG]

Leica Standard Model E, 50/3.5 Elmar, TMY2, HC-110B

5. So many good shots here. Billblackwellphotography I'd give my eye teeth for your control of contrast - that first shot is captivating. And Luis Triguez, so good. The first shot, so inviting - the control of the specular highlights. Bravo. Mine are again prosaic. My spouses birthday (we are now both eligible for the pension and a life of retired penury). We went out. Herewith some shots: The waitress:

birthday dinner-1.jpg

My stepson and his brother - you've seen them both before

birthday dinner-3.jpg

My spouse and one of her daughters (the other will not abide me)

birthday dinner-2.jpg

And another of the waitress:

birthday dinner.jpg

All good fun. Keep safe, keep well, get tested, and wear a mask. Regards, Arthur

6. Leica-M-3-12.jpg

Leica M3 Summicron 5cm f/2

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All with Leica film camera

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  8. Where, Allen Herbert, do you find these scenes? You seem to be in the post end of the thrall of the northern winter. The first shot is 'inviting', almost b&w. Yes, good shots.

9. The dual range? That is good, JDW. What film. The colour strikes me as interesting. I wonder if you used flash (no 'leica person' uses flash), but the background is so well muted. Great shot.

10. I really like the first two, barryfisher. They are good, good studies. The third, what happened to her head, let alone her body. How come the reverse writing: 'Baileys kiss'. Its happened to me before. What scanner did you use?

11. Nope, just the natural lighting and the particular color biases of Fuji C41 film.

The lens is a regular 5cm Summicron

12. Allen, I really like your fist pic, its gorgeous. The color and the way you used the shapes.
    Hi Arthur, and thanks. I believe that sign is outside the window so you are seeing the back of it. I can tell the photo isn't reversed because I know the inside of that pub, and the flute is on the correct side:)

13. "Allen, I really like your fist pic, its gorgeous. The color and the way you used the shapes" Barry.

From you, a complement, indeed.

arthur_mcculloch|2,in this world, we need more of you.

Arthur, I just press the big button on whatever takes my fancy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  14. As to the last pic, I did sort of playfully stuff my friend Kira into the frame :)