View NX2 does not work

Miha

<p>Hi,<br>

I have <strong>problems with the View NX2 program</strong> I downloaded a few hours ago. File name is:S-VNX2__-020702WF-NSAEN-32BIT_<br>

I instaled it and tried to run it. It started Ok (no error mesages) but after a minute or two it crashed.<br>

When I start it again it just shows the opening screen and <strong>starts to display the thumbnails</strong>, but <strong>after a few seconds</strong> (actually after 10 or so thumbnails <strong>it crashes</strong> again.<br>

I tried to install the program on a second computer - the same effects, the same procedure.<br>

I intended to use the View NX2 to analyse the effects of the fine tuning the focus of my D300s (no other programs I use shows these data). I did not install the program from the CD I got with the camera. Could this be the problem?<br>

I searched many forums and find a lot of others have the same problems but I did not find any effective solution.<br>

<strong>I am using Windows 7 / enterprise</strong> on both computers I was trying to get the View NX2 running.<br>

Can anybody help me with a solution the get the aforementioned program running.<br>

Any help would be much appreciated.<br>

Regards, Miha Hadl.</p>

<p>Miha, if your computer runs 64 bit OS, then the 64 bit version is "better" i.e. faster.<br>

The new downloadable should be fine - in my laptop it is. Programs in the CDs are usually older versions.<br>

How is your HDD(s) and memory set up?<br>

Where you have the test images stored?<br>

Thumbnails can get mixed up. Deleting of old thumbnails usually clears this well.</p>

<p>- Just some shots</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

In the passed minutes I tried also these versions:S-VNX2__-020702WF-EUREN-32BIT_ and S-VNX2__-020702WF-EUREN-64BIT_. Nothing works.<br>

Shun, thanks for the fast answer.<br>

I am only running The View NX2, all other programs were shut down.<br>

My hardware: Intel i3 2310M @2.10Ghz, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, disk C: 151GB free, disk D: 270GB free.<br>

Software: Windows 7, Enterprise, 64bit, Service pack 1.<br>

Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Because you installed the 32 bit version you might have a problem with updating with the latest 64 bit version. Nikon has a cleanup utility that may or may not clean up and completely remove all the leftover parts of your current version and allow a clean install of the latest 64 bit version. It's worth a try - http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16615/~/how-do-i-completely-remove-my-nikon-software-application%3F</p>

<p>I suggest you uninstall View NX2 and reinstall it. Go here: <a href="http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61">ttp://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61</a><br>

and select Nikon View NX2 and then version 2.7.2. If your pc has win 7 64 bit, select the 64 bit version. Make sure you download all software components. I have downloaded this program numerous times and run it all the time without any problems on three win 7 pcs.<br>

Joe Smith</p>

<p>I suggest you uninstall View NX2 and reinstall it. Go here: <a href="http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61">ttp://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61</a><br>

and select Nikon View NX2 and then version 2.7.2. If your pc has win 7 64 bit, select the 64 bit version. Make sure you download all software components. I have downloaded this program numerous times and run it all the time without any problems on three win 7 pcs.<br>

Joe Smith</p>

Joe Smith</p>

Joe Smith</p>

<p>I can't remember if ViewNX2 comes packaged with 'Nikon Message Centre'.<br>

If it does I suggest you disable the Message Centre part which might be the bit that's causing the problems - I've had lots of problems with the message centre and now disable it routinely whenever I re-install NX2.</p>

• 3 years later...