vietnam war photography books

Hey

I've got a bit of an interest in photojournalists in vietnam. can anyone

reccomend any good books? I'm trying to track down some Sean Flynn work as I

find his story quite intriguing but I also really like shots from Robert

Ellison , Larry Burrows, etc. I see a lot of stuff on the internet but nothing

beats having a book to look at the photos.

Catherine Leroy.

She recently passed away http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/10/news/obits.php

"Among Leroy's many honors are the George Polk award for Best Reporting Requiring

Exceptional Courage and Enterprise Abroad. She was the first woman to receive the Robert

Capa Award."

She was only 21 when she went to Vietnam as a photojournalist.

Here's a link to some of her work. http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com/leroy/

cl_gallery.html

Just bought it: Gilles Caron "for press freedom" from Reporters Without Borders. Caron died in Cambodia. The location where he was shot was only recently discovered. All Black and White, very sixty-ish. Caron initially had a typical style for the period where famous men and women were photographed and normal folks didn't count for much. Then he apparently discovered VIOLENCE AND WAR. As can be seen from this book, postcolonial political upheaval in Europe and the violence that went along with it were very "in" While there are only a small number of actual images from Vietnam itself, I still recommend it because its well done and cheap ($13.00 US).

Look at David Kennerly's "Shooter" and "Photo Op." He was UPI photo bureau chief in Saigon (and later became President Ford's personal photographer). Shooter probably has more on Vietnam than Photo Op but I think both talk about his days there. I believe he also did a book in the past 10 years or so where he went back to Vietnam 20 years or so after the end of the war.