Very new at this and blurred edges

I've attached an example, you can tell us if that's in the ballpark of the 'look' you're trying to achieve.

It's what would be called 'selective focus' or 'narrow depth of field'. It comes from using a telephoto lens and a wide aperture (85mm lens at about f/2, if memory serves).

Assuming you have some sort of 'kit zoom', try it at the most telephoto position with the aperture wide open. That will get you in the ballpark.

If you're asking a post-processing question, I can't help with that.<div>00IQly-32950284.JPG.ad8af47e8ba2240689589078f01a5f80.JPG</div>

It would help to know what program you're using for post processing. In Photoshop you can

select the picture with the marquee tool set to the oval shape. Then feather the edges a bit

(maybe 15 to 50 pixels, depending on your image), inverse your selection by hitting SHIFT-

CONTROL-I and use the gaussian blue filter to taste.

It's hard to explain without knowing how much you know and what exactly you're after.

You're probably right, Todd. :) Although, sometimes people know what they want but are

unsure whether the camera does it for them automatically somehow, or whether it has to be

done some other way. Since you'd given one answer I thought I'd just cover another base.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'blurry edge pictures'but my first thoughts was to the example below. Taking the picture example of Todd's response I used PhotoShop to erase the edge to produce a burry edge effect. If this is not what you were thinking then I applogise for my confusion.<div>00IRXD-32972284.jpg.926e2f8fed1a74e446243c44484bb1b8.jpg</div>