Traveling to Melbourne Australia next month suggestions for shot list wanted

martin_glazer

Hi

I am off to Melbourne next month. Looking to put together a picture shots list. I have used Google and Flickr. Does any one have ideas for good picture locations?

I just upgraded to a used Nikon D810. I want to bring my 50 mm lens and the 14 -24 mm and possibly the 24 -70 lens.

Thanks

While the cityscapes in Melbourne are not that different from many other cities across the globe, it's the fauna that set Oz apart, IMHO. You can visit the fairy penguin colony on Philip Island as a day tour, or get out in the bush to see the wonderful marsupials that make it unique. I'm not sure how the recent fires have affected this part of the country. If you have time, Tasmania is also a great spot to visit.

I'm not sure how the recent fires have affected this part of the country. If you have time

No the fires didn't go anywhere near Melbourne, they were on the eastern most tip of Victoria and some at the northern border region in the Snowy Mountains area

Depends what you like photographing: I generally like People, Architecture and History -

Hosier Lane and its surrounds - Street Art and People. (1)

Southbank - take a long walk - the River and buildings along it and People there too - I find most interesting with lots of Photo opportunities, both day and night. (2)

Arts Centre Melbourne and surrounds I especially like the architecture of the tower. (3)

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) if you're into sport take the tour - simply (Sports) history and lots of it to photograph.

Colonial Tramcars - sensational designs – (and check to see if they have reopened for Lunch and Dinner).

No bush fires in the City of Melbourne. I've always felt quite secure/safe and I walk everywhere, day and night, always with a camera. I am cautious of the few no-go zones such as it is in most big cities: I think that I have reasonably good danger radar.

As mentioned, if you have the opportunity, visiting Phillip Island Nature Park makes for an excellent day.

WW

1:

18583377-md.jpg

2:

18470618-md.jpg

3:

18583378-md.jpg

• Like 1

Depends what you like photographing: I generally like People, Architecture and History -

Hosier Lane and its surrounds - Street Art and People. (1)

Southbank - take a long walk - the River and buildings along it and People there too - I find most interesting with lots of Photo opportunities, both day and night. (2)

Arts Centre Melbourne and surrounds I especially like the architecture of the tower. (3)

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) if you're into sport take the tour - simply (Sports) history and lots of it to photograph.

Colonial Tramcars - sensational designs – (and check to see if they have reopened for Lunch and Dinner).

No bush fires in the City of Melbourne. I've always felt quite secure/safe and I walk everywhere, day and night, always with a camera. I am cautious of the few no-go zones such as it is in most big cities: I think that I have reasonably good danger radar.

As mentioned, if you have the opportunity, visiting Phillip Island Nature Park makes for an excellent day.

WW

1:

18583377-md.jpg

2:

18470618-md.jpg

3:

18583378-md.jpg