need some advices on which places may offer me some beauty and

originality more. Your comments will be highly appreciated and will

be returned with many pictures to publish here on PN. For your info,

my equipment consists of a Nikon D70, 2gb of flash cards, tripod and

a polarizer filter. I usually shoot landscape and architectural

images but willing to add some variety on other fields.Thanks in

advance for your time...

Onder

Onder - If you want to see a very different Greece, try Meteora in the north-early am or late pm shots of the monasteries on the rocks, also the beautiful Vikos Gorge at Monodendri (about a 6-8hr hike). The Shepherd's Bridge at Kipi. These are all in the Zagoria area, hidden in the Pindos mountains south of Albania border. 46 villages make up this amazing area which isn't well known to many people. The folks are friendly and the photo opportunities in the medieval towns are incredible.<div>00DrQz-26072784.jpg.f117165a6911614a571b0b05167926dd.jpg</div>

If you go to this area, seek out Roy & Eppie's Bed & Breakfast in Koukouli, one of the small medieval villages. I visited with them while hiking thru the area and vowed I'd stay there if I ever got back to the area. They're a British couple who have spent 10 yrs rebuilding a small compound into a B&B in the village, very hospitable and knowledgable. Good luck & enjoy the photo opportunities. BTW I've thoroughly enjoyed the photo ops in Turkey as well.

<p>Onder,</p>

<p>It's hard not to find good subjects for photography in Greece, at least once you leave Athens/Piraeus. Close to the city, Eleusis, Brauron, and Aigina are all great places to go if you like ancient architecture; each makes a good day trip from Piraeus. Eleusis is huge and impressive, with lots of architectural remnants stacked all over the place. The setting is marred somewhat by the port/refinery complex in the background, though. Brauron is less impressive architecturally, but is in an isolated area with a beautiful landscape. Aigina is an island a short ferry ride away from Piraeus, and there is a well-preserved temple (of a local goddess, Aphaia) on a hill with great views of the sea. Also, there are good tavernas on Aigina's waterfront, especially if you like fresh squid or octopus.</p>

<p>Farther away from Athens, you've already hit some of the high spots. Here are three lesser-known places. Dimitsana, in Arcadia, the central region of the Peloponese, has a great open-air water power museum that preserves water-driven 19th century industrial facilites, including the gunpowder factories that supplied the Greek revolution. The museum cascades down the side of a steep wooded valley with lush vegetation; there are hiking trails to nearby villages, monasteries, etc. (You can find the <a href="http://www.piop.gr/%281F2101EC41E6EA5204D72A3B133ED9C7F7BD0BDFF086B149%29/PiopMuseum.asp?ID=287&NT=18&Lang=2&MuseumID=274">

museum's English-language website here.</a> In general, Arcadia is filled with really dramatic scenery--definitely worth the trip, but the roads are somewhat dodgy.</p>

<p>The Mani, which is the middle peninsula of the three peninsulas on the south of the Peloponese, is a rugged region with medieval towns and towers. When I was there last summer there had been a wildfire, so the ground was blackened and there were fire trucks stationed at strategic points. Dramatic photographs. I'll try to attach a (not very good) picture of the area. The Mani is difficult to get to, though, and might not work for a weekend trip from Athens--it would be at least a six-hour drive from Piraeus, if not more.</p>

<p>In Northern Greece, the Mt. Pelion area has villages with an interesting architectural style. Unlike typical village architecture, this area has slate roofs and uses lots of timber. The hotel I stayed in, in a village called Vizitsa, had stained-glass windows in some rooms. The area is forested, with dramatic views of the sea. Mt. Pelion is also the legendary home of the centaurs; if you find them, that would certainly be an interesting photo...</p><div>00DraX-26075384.jpg.987f3998c984bfacf4c70ce01282b27c.jpg</div>

Onder,

I will repeat the recommendation to Meteora. But I'd add this piece of advice. Watch the weather and try to go after a winter storm has blown through. The (few) pictures I've seen with snow on the rocks are truly spectacular. Also, the mountains in Crete should also covered in snow. I haven't done any research on ruins in the area, but you may be able to find some subjects of ruins/castles/etc. with the snow-capped mountains in the background (I too like to photograph architecture, especially historic).

Good luck!

Kosta

Stephen, Chris and Kosta ;

Thank you so much for your time and granting such detailed and valuable information for me. I hope to realize the travel plans starting from this weekend and visit as much places as i can.

Chris, I don't know how i did that but i was lost while i was driving to Eleusis. I missed the interchange and kept on going till Loutraki. Anyway i passed Loutraki and arrived to a place called Iraio, had some shots there (will upload some of them here) and after turned back. I am afraid, Eleusis will have to wait for another day. I also noted the less known places of Peloponese, that you've said it worth a trip.

Stephen and Kosta, your advise about Meteora sounds quiet charming. And Mt.Pelion seems to be a place which i should pay a visit as well. Stephen, I am not sure about the Albanian border as i have to drive so long bearing in mind that i have only the weekend for me.But this place Zagoria, seemed to be the most impressing one and something different. Even if i cannot make the journey during my short stay here, you can be sure that i will do it during this year and say your hello to Roy&Eppie.

I hope you will check out my site in photo.net to see where i have gone so far.

Finally, pls do let me know if you ever pay a visit to Turkey. This time i will have some suggestions for you.

Thnk u so much !

Onder