Transporting C-Stands (i.e. cases, bags, etc)?

pcm__

<p>Hello,<br>

I am considering the purchase of a couple c-stands (Avenger or MSE 40"), and the one thing that I can't seem to figure out is how people transport these? Apparently they collapse down to approximately 51", which is a good 10" longer than my Avenger light-stands. I currently use a golf-bag case to store all my grip, and it only accepts up to 46" (not a problem until now). <br>

What are the tricks of the trade for transporting these things? Bags, cases, wooden grip boxes? <br>

I do mostly location work, and don't have a truck if that helps. <br>

Thanks,<br>

-P</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I transport my C-stands around, and was just commenting to Brooks last week that I wish I had bought the ones w/ the detachable turtle base. Currently, I put the stands in first in the bed of my vehicle, and the light bag and case on top of them. If you have a carpeted bed (SUV) like I do, you'll want to put something down first, or they'll rub a hole in it.</p>

<p>Get the version with detached legs, C-stands are always great to mount some more substantial stuff and the Alu Bogen stands are just not that up to abuse. As for packing, every bag will bust as the stands are heavy, i suggest a simple nonpadded Tenba stand bag, like the T488, they're relatively cheap. They will puncture after a while, but we only pack 2-3 stands with legs and arms in them and it's fine. BTW, a lot of rental places in NY and LA do the same, and they ship stuff daily...<br>

Best, M</p>

<p>Not that you're likely to carry them in a truck, but when I see movie grip/lighting trucks around they have a sort of rack built in where they stack the C-stands. If you're carrying them a lot, you might be able to improvise something in an SUV or van. Might be easier to stick with more portable stands for location work.</p>

<p>i have c stands and i believe the case for 2 c stands is a pelican 1730a which will hold 2 c stands arms gobo heads and an extra boom arm. get the kind that has wheels which i think is the 'a' model. we use then to ship everywhere. c stands cases don't need to padded.</p>

<p>when buying c stands i use mathews because they go up to 10' while others don't. ya never know when you'll need the height.</p>

<p>jene</p>