the new Tamron 24-70mm VC first impressions

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by jamespjones, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Very interesting review so far. I have been waiting for this lens to become available for a while and I am interested to see if it beats the Canon 24-70 F2.8 Version 1 since it is the same price.

2. Very interesting review so far. I have been waiting for this lens to become available for a while and I am interested to see if it beats the Canon 24-70 F2.8 Version 1 since it is the same price.

3. Very interested in your results of testing this lens. Where are you located are they shipping this lens in the California yet?

4. No + and - VR comparison shots...Its not much use without them in my opinion since VR is what is supposed to be exciting about this lens. Perhaps you will add these as you continue?

5. I would assume so. But it's not just the VC capability, as, even with the VC, it would be a worthless lens if it couldn't produce fine, sharp imagery WO.
    I too am waiting for some results. My 24-70/2.8L is a great lens, and if the Tamron can match the performance of that guy, I'll throw down for one w/o a second thought (even though I've no intention to get the 24-70/2.8 II )

6. Lensrentals have done a quick sharpness test on some of them and initial results are very good compared to the Canon MkI.

7. More interesting!