THE NEW D60

hermanjr

i was looking in the nikon.com site and triped my self with the new Nikon D60.

so i thought i would share the knowlege. Besides, i feel like making a new

digital body every 16-18 months is a bit useless since you barely finish paying

one, only to find out that a new one came out, but here is the link that backs

up my comment

http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d60/index.htm

enjoy!

Herman Jr

I am new to DSLR , and researched cameras thoroughly , read reviews, and decided on the D40X , i bought it on the 29th december, to find out 2 weeks later that it has been replaced by the D60 , i havent even read the manual all the way thru yet , or played with it much as winter is all grey dark days ... its taken away all the excitement i had as a new owner of the latest entry level DSLR.... baa humbug !

"Which is why it's helpful to be able to distinguish need from want.

Well i see your way, but now be in shoes and in the one of many.

YOU want to become a new photographer, and you need to start somewhere. You just don't get into this and wallah you get everything, you need to start and you make a sacrifice to get something of good quality. But days later or when you just finished learning everything about your camera, you get outdated with a body with no dust reduction, 6 fps, 12MP, 51 focus points, Espeed processor, active D-lighting. See where i am coming from. You just finished acquiring the tool, and it just simply got outdated. Its like when macs had the G5 processor, 2gigs of Ram, 500 Gigs, 21" analog monitor. And a week later or so its Intel processors, 4 gigs ram, 1 tera of HD, and 32" digital wide screen monitors, and all of your hard earned money is like outdated. Might be for good, but still, can they make it a bit less cruel to all the rest. and its just my opinion. so don't think i am trying to make you think my way, just to look at the other side of the road.

[[see where i am coming from. You just finished acquiring the tool, and it just simply got outdated]]

I don't think you see where /I/ am coming from, Herman. Again, you are talking about /want/ not /need./

If the camera you have in your hands does not allow you to do what you need it to and a newer camera does, then you should /not/ have purchased the first camera. But, instead, if the camera does do what you need and a newer camera comes out with new features, then you are looking at want, not need.

A camera is always, always a series of compromises. Don't be a sucker and buy into what the marketing departments say you should have. D-lighting is nothing you can't already do in post-production.

[[and all of your hard earned money is like outdated]]

If you are going to wait to see the end of product development before buying then you will never own any products period. You buy the tools that are available to get the job done.