information displayed on the 7-point focusing area? At this mode, may

I press down the shutter even if the "in-focus" circle doesn't appear

on the LCD? Honestly, I am little bit annoyed by the 7-point focusing

mechanism since it costs me long time to allocate the valid focusing

point(s) to the area I expect within viewfinder... Is there anyway to

bypass this feature in manual mode?

Thanks,

Dennis

The manual mode of a Rebel 2k is just manual expossure, not manual focusing. So you should wait until your camera has achieved focus before fully dpressing the shutter release. Not quite sure what you mean about the 7 focus points... You could just enable the central focus point, focus on what you want in focus hold the shutter release halfway down for focus lock and the recompose your photo.

<em>I am little bit annoyed by the 7-point focusing mechanism since it costs me long time to allocate the valid focusing point(s) to the area I expect within viewfinder...</em>

<p>

You mean you're annoyed that you're smarter than the camera?

<p>

I too don't fully understand your post. I think Luke is on the right track though. Perhaps another read through your R2K manual is in order to help clarify what all the different functions of your camera are?

"When using manual mode of Rebel 2K"

You're confusing manual focus with manual exposure. If you want manual focus, find MF-AF switch on your lens and set it to MF.

"it costs me long time to allocate the valid focusing point(s) to the area I expect within viewfinder... "

You need to understand how autofocus works. There needs to be contrast for the camera to detect. If the AF points does not cover the area you want to focus, you need to recompose.

There are 3 possible scenarios & answers -

1. You have plenty of time and so want to do manual focus & exposure - set the MF/AF switch on lens to MF manual focus and exposure.

2. You want to use AF but setting 7 segments takes too much time ?

Well, you DON'T NEED to set the focussing points each time - Just aim & whichever area comes into focus - those segments will light up to INFORM you. Saves a great deal of time.

Also Focus Lock switch is available for quick reframing after achieving focussing on area of interest.

3. The above method works in most cases, but in special cases - only then you need to disable the 7 focussing points and use only the one you want to.

Also,a Depth of field preview is also available - should you need it.