Tamron 18-200mm Di III VC for Sony E-mount?

<p>I have done some research on the Tamron 18-200mm Di III VC, read a few reviews and went to Tamron's websites. I understand that the EOS-M mount version has in-camera correction for vignetting, distortion, etc. Does the NEX 6 have these corrections for the lens as well? Cannot find this info anywhere. (I don't have time to deal with RAW.)</p>

<p>I have the Sony 16-50 and can borrow my wife's 55-210. Is it worthwhile to get the Tamron as an all-in-one? I'm not considering the Sony 16-70 (way overpriced and too much sample variation) or the 18-105mm (don't like the size.) OTOH, I can get a lightly-used Tamron at a good price. Any user opinions please?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I've used one as the walk-around lens on my NEX-7 for many years (most of my shots on photo.net over the last years until I got an A7rII last summer) . Mine is great - pretty sharp at all focal lengths - a bit soft on the edges, esp. at smallest f-stops, but I shoot mostly landscapes and outdoor sports, so either bright light or I put it on a tripod and rarely shoot wide open. I love having the reach of the telephoto without having to change lenses - very useful for my grab and go ski shots. I do shoot RAW and use the ACR profile for the lens to correct aberrations (which are there). For the current price I definitely recommend it as a general walk-around lens for outdoor use.</p>