Yes, I can be a bit corny at times... At any rate I took this during

the summer(summar?) at the British Museum with my Leica III and a

50mm Summar using Kodachrome 200. All pictures scanned with my

Minolta 5400 (which I am losing confidence in do to it not having a

glass carrier to keep the negs/slides flat) so some edge softness is

not due to the lens but to the crummy scanner. Yeah, and if it's not

a real Summarian I am sure someone will tell me, but it was right

next to the room that had the Summarians. And let me tell you - they

sure knew how to design lenses back then!<div>00Acyr-21166084.jpg.9941a6a164eb054fbb7691ca00275114.jpg</div>

Very nice. I am growing to love my older glass too. Be sure to use the proper lens shade. I find the 50/90/135 very good. It is quite deep at 50mm, about 1.25 inch, but doesn`t vignette. The barn door one is bulky.

Take the slides out of the furnished mounts, cardboard or plastic. Neither hold the slides flat. Scan using the strip holder with the unmounted slide in it or remount the slide in a glass mount.

I think you will find the strip holder satisfactory. Slide projection is best done with glass mounts for the same reason.

Is that the Leica glow that I see popping up behind the Summarian's head? Or is it just a spotlight? Hahaha. Sorry, I'm just juiced up a bit.<br>Yeah, I missed most of the exhibitions this summer :(<br>The negative carrier for the Minolta 5400 doesnt hold them too much flatter either. I can say this after having tried multiple films on it. The only solution I can figure is to jury rig some AN glass to it.<br>Older lenses are where it's at. Best in B&W. Puts the curve right where you want it. A tiny bit of flare picks up the shadows and puts a shoulder on the highlights so the negative will better match the limited (5-7 stops) output range of paper. You do give up a few shot opportunities directly into a light source that a modern lens would take.

Just a thought.I wish Leica would team up with Imacon to market a 35mm only film

scanner.The carriers I've used on the 848 and 949 series are first rate.The trick would be

to keep development of the scanner a secret.Otherwise the Hermes group may insist the

scanner be clad in exotic frippery, and affordability be damned.