Suggestions for replacing lost camera backpack tripod straps

Hey folks,

The very first time I took my current camera backpack on a trip, I lost both of the

tripod straps that hold the tripod to the bottom of the back. It wasn't an issue then,

because my tripod at that time fit in an included bag, or could be positioned to

straddle on the shoulder-strap. My current tripod is too bulky for both of those

options, so now I'm really wishing I had those straps. I'm good carrying the tripod

over my shoulder up to about an hour of walking, but that is about it.

I have two questions:

1) Does Lowepro sell replacement parts?

2) Since I'm not happy with the idea of jst replacing the old straps with new straps

that I'll probably use, does anybody have any suggestions for a non-OEM

replacement for the straps? I was thinking of some properly measured hook-and-

loop fastener strips, but I'd like to hear how other people have dealt with a similar

situation.

Many of the larger sporting goods stores that deal with backpacking and mountaineering sell lots of different kinds of webbing and fastener hardware as well as various lenght straps already put together with adjustment slides and fasteners, etc.They also would have slotted "patches" to sew or glue (sew, even if it means getting to a local tailor or other professional with heavy duty machines) to add strapping options to a pack.

Q: Does Lowepro sell replacement parts? A: Sure. . Buy two pairs. One to use and one spare set to lose :-). Consider a Bogen tripod bag with carry shoulder sling strap. Good for heavy pods and keeps them clean worth a try anyway..Bogen Manfrotto makes just about everything.gs