Strap Lugs, M4

teneson

<p>I've received a very nice user M4. However, the strap lugs are almost worn through, and it's just a very thin strip of metal that the eyelets on the camera straps will be hanging onto.<br>

Are strap lugs replaceable on an M body?</p>

<p>Yes, they are replaceable, but its probably not economical to send it in just to replace the lugs. It's usually done with a CLA because it requires disassembly. If you get them replaced they will probably be replaced with the stainless steel type as found on the M6 etc. They should wear a lot better.</p>

<p>I took an everready case made for Leica M series, removed the rivet and discarded the "snout" and flap. With the now half case, I removed the tired leather strap and replaced it with a sturdy web strap. Therefore I do not need to use the strap lugs on my M3 and M1 cameras and this may help you deal with the M4 that has weakened strap lugs.</p>

<p>OK, Sherry is out of Campbell Hall, NY. Her trade name is Golden Touch Camera Repair. Here's a link to her Web site: http://www.sherrykrauter.com/.</p>

<p>She is a consummate professional and her work is top notch, her prices are reasonable. You will not be fleeced or disappointed.</p>

<p>I bought a mint M5 years back and Sherry CLA'd it, plus added the third strap lug. It looked like it came direct from the factory.</p>

<p>She is very 'old school' and stands behind her work. Good luck!</p>

Jeffrey L. T. von Gluck

• 4 weeks later...