Square Format

Discussion in 'Abstract' started by michaellinder, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Fort Stevens
    DC-Ft-Stevens-.jpg
    Washington DC

2. Sanford, JDM, what about your images to you consider abstract?

3. Misread it again, assumed is was the No Words forum. As far as an abstract goes, I think mine is nearly as abstract as yours...:) (my first ever use of the smiley face).

Gerald Cafferty likes this.
  4. ditto

5. Sanford, I'm quite interested in your reasons for thinking that yours is nearly as abstract as mine. Are you saying that it's a matter of degree? If so, I'm inclined to agree.

6. IMO, there’s little comparison between the abstractness of Michael’s photo and the lack of abstractness of Sanford’s. While Michael’s probably would not fit a purist definition of abstract, it’s clear how it could be chosen to be in an abstract forum. Sanford’s already said he mistakenly placed it here and that’s a position I’d stick with. There are abstract elements in Sanford’s photo, as there are in any photo ever made, but that doesn’t make it abstract, or even close.

michaellinder likes this.
  7. Michaelinder, I can clearly understand the content of both photos. They are both impressionist representations of real life. Its been said that all black and white photography is "abstract". The bottom line, I stuck my photo in the wrong forum and am struggling to justify my error.

8. Here's another image based on my OP. Sanford, how would you compare this one with yours? abstractb&w.jpg

luistriguez and Supriyo like this.
  9. I appreciate your "confession." No worries.

10. I think its a more abstract than the first one because I can't tell whats real and whats reflections.

11. mea culpa, mea maxima culpa
    I entered from New Posts and lost track of where I was
    DC-Ft-Stevens.jpg
    Is this up to the rigorous forum standards?
    Hughes Memorial Tower

12. IMG_3909-Edit-Edit-Edit-copy.jpg
    Very little of what is posted in this forum is abstract, which is okay by me. This is photo-net, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Supriyo, otislynch, jpalmer57 and 2 others like this.