Spots on sensor?

johne37179

<p>I have a number of spots that I think are on the sensor of my D7000, but they are uniform in size and larger that I would expect for dirt. I have used two different lenses for the test shots and the spots are in the exact same position for both lenses, so that rules out dirt on the lens. Any thoughts?g</p>

<p>Sure, they're almost certainly dust spots on the sensor.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>...they are uniform in size and larger that I would expect for dirt.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This is normal when the dust particles are very small. The diameter of the spot is controlled by the lens' f-stop setting. If you use a physically larger aperture, the spots will all become larger, and vice versa.</p>

<p>If you look closely, you'll see that your spots do not completely block light, they merely darken it over the area of the spot. The dirt particles have to reach a certain size before they can completely block the light; then the spot would take on the shape of the dirt particle.</p>

<p>I can explain how it works with charts and graphs, if you'd like. But the simple answer is that what you see is normal for sensor dirt.</p>

<p>A simple bulb blower may remove some of the spots. Otherwise you will need Arctic Butterfly or other solutions (in fact solutions and sensor swabs) from manufacturers like visibledust.com</p>

<p>When exposing the sensor or even the sensor compartment with the camera shutter closed, as when changing lenses, a bulb blower is very useful to clean back of the lens and sensor compartment.</p>