sports tournament on site photography software

robert_k2

I am not sure this question belongs in this category but I did not see a sports

photography area in this forum.

Regardless, here we go.

Does any one know of a software that could be used in sports tournament on site

photography. Where you can have the pictures and the number of the pictures

showing on a computer monitor for all the parents to view and place orders. I

have seen this set up in hockey tournaments.

Take a look at Express Digital Darkroom Pro. We use it in our youth sports photography business (www.azsportshots.com) in conjunction with our onsite sales of photos. We use both the master "Pro" edition and the "Core." While made for PCs, it can be used on Macs with the Intel chip and Bootcamp. We print with a Shinko dye-sub which is also PC only but can be operated nicely with the new Mac Intel-based computers. We're now moving into proprietary software to customize our use of Darkroom Pro while allowing our customers the ease of touch screens instead of us having to scroll through the images for them. This is critical if you wish to expand to larger spectator events such as regional or national cheerleading or soccer events.

Michael C

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I'm a little biased towards <a href='http://www.Action-Image.net/'>Action Image</a>. The website is UGLY and looks like a 5th grader designed it in 1995, but it's got all the info on the site :-D

<P>

Just curious, but what type of sporting events are you looking to use this for? Certain sports have slightly different workflow needs.

<P>

You can also contact me for info on the software, I use it all the time.