Sports photo display and printing software

Discussion in 'Sports' started by julie_boitnott, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hi..
    I am looking for a good software that I can use at different sporting events. I want to be able to display the images on 4 different laptops. Print the images on site for customers. Also, be able to customize the photos with borders, team names, ect... Please post your advice. Thanks Julie

2. There can be only one. Well, they're the 800-pound gorilla in that market, anyway. It ain't cheap, but it's the tool for that job.

3. Which edition of Digital Darkroom are you referring to?
    The free one, the core one or the Professional one?

4. Free? There is no free! Though you can download and try any of them temporarily for free.

The "Pro" flavor is what you want for on-site event shooting with production work that includes borders, customer previewing, green-screening, etc.

5. Yes there is a free version, because that's what I'm using and there are no time limits to it. Check it out, www.cowboystuff.photoreflect.com
    It's a good way to start to see what you can do and make the sales and you can always upgrade later on to the pro version.
    Got to admit, it wasn't easy to find it though.

6. Julie -
    For onsite display / ordering you have 3 options -
    1. Express digital - the "Free" version - which is indeed "free" to download and use - which doesn't allow you to do 100% of what you want - the Pro / lab versions do... Pro version $400-500 Lab version $1,500
    2. PhotoParata - Milton Street Software - They have 2 flavors - standard $290 pro - $490 difference between the two - standard is limited to 2 viewing stations and doesn't have a shopping cart.
    3. EPS - Event Photo Systems - Unlimited users - $225 -
    Email me and I'll tell you which I prefer - options two and three don't have the ability to add frames or print, but that can be handled with photoshop.
    Dave