Sony Capture One Express and the NET Framework

<p>I use the Sony RAW converter, but I read about this one on the Sony site and downloaded it. However it proved impossible to set up as it needs to install the NET Framework as well and the program seems incapable of finding it's own instruction manual on how this might be done and so goes into a form of contemplative silence.<br>

I hesitate to say 'sleep', as it might be doing something, but whatever that might be, it's not getting the program installed.<br>

I have tried MS itself for many really unhelpful pages of computer babble, and when I finally found a site to d/l it from without installing 78 more toolbars, it told me it was already on the computer and stopped!<br>

The Capture program won't install without the other part and so is useless at present, but I would like to try it and so I'm looking for assistance.<br>

Thank you.<br>

Andy.</p>

<p>I've used CaptureOne Express in various versions, and are currently on CaptureOne 8 Pro. Never had any issue like the one you describe, but my present system is Win8.1, which by default has the .NET framework installed, plus I use other software that is highly dependent on it, so that experience isn't too telling.<br>

Which version Windows are you running? If you check in the control panel, in Add/Remove software, do you see the .NET framework listed, and if yes, in which versions? I'd personally use this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718 download from Microsoft, which is the latest complete version, and next use Windows Update to install all updates and consequent releases for it.<br>

Hang in there, because the program is definitely worth the hassle. It's excellent software, easily worth its official price, let alone for free as you lucky Sony users.... :-)</p>

<p>Another thing, do try Phase One support. My experience with them has been great - very responsive, with good follow-ups. Odds are they have an idea how you can work around it.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Thank you for the response.<br>

I will feel an even luckier Sony user if I can sort the Program out....!<br>

The computer runs 8.1, but the .NET framework is not shown on the Add/ Remove list and it will not install either....:-(<br>

I'll sign up to the Forum over there . Thanks again.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

That was my understanding as well, but Capture One installs itself and then starts to install the .NET Framework but stops after a few seconds and just says it's installing it, but nothing is happening! Perhaps I should restart with a new d/l of Capture One. <br>

Strangely enough I found a site/ blog that shows the path to the .Net business.and this computer showed some old installations 3.0 and 3.5, but which were both only partially there, without the .NET part. Very odd. I am going to try an off-line installation of .NET and see how/if that works!</p>