Some advice sought

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by arthur_mcculloch|2, May 18, 2018 at 4:41 AM.

1. I'm thinking of making a bid for a handgrip (on eprey) for my recently acquired monochrom m type 246. The one advertised has a code 14399 on its box. I've trawled the net to see if this will fit, but cannot find confirmation. I don't want to buy something that's quite suitable other than the camera I have. So advice sought before I bid. Thanks, Arthur (apiarist1)

2. Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 8:07 AM
  3. I use a combination hand grip, vertical mount and base plate from Really Right Stuff. It replaces the original base plate in its entirety, but as a consequence, is very strong and adds very little to the height. The hand grip and vertical mount are optional, and fasten to the base plate with screws. If you don't need the vertical mount, leave it off. It's much easier to remove the base plate without it. The version for the M240/M246 is linked below.

L-plate and grip for Leica M240/246

4. Thanks for that Jochen, Ed_Igold, and Billblackwellphotography. The eprey item is not for me. I'll follow up the Luigi case - do you have a link? Thanks again, Arthur (apiarist1)

5. Thanks, billblackwellphotography. Just ordered one. You should ask for a spotter's fee or commission. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)