Slow speed color neg for portraits

Hi. I'm looking for a slow speed color neg film for portraits done

in daylight. I will be using a reflector to kick in some light on

their faces...not sure if a gold, silver or white yet.

Just an idea of a good film for portraits.

BTW, 35mm.

Thanks

Alexis

Well it mostly depends on the look you want, also what paper will you be printing on? You won't want to print Agfa Portrait 160 or Kodak Portra on Fuji Crystal Archive.

Frankly any of the 160 speed portrait fils by Kodak, Fuji, or Agfa will give you good results, it's just a matter of how much saturation youwant, and how much contrast.

Well I'd get a roll of any you are interested in and shoot beforhand. FWIW I prefer Agfa 160 and don't liek the Fuji portraitofferins at all. By not likeing I mean to work with I don't seem to visualize the way the fuji Films do, that said one of my favorite photographers uses them exclusively, and I have some of her prints. It's just what works for you so grab a few and test. Have fun

I can't stand Agfa 160. Bland and dull. "It's alternative, so it's better, yadda, yadda, yadda." Bull.

This is otherwise a battle between Kodak NC 160 and Fuji NPS 160. I'd choose the film based on processing considerations since both are exellent. I'm just not thrilled about the Kodak Portra films given Fuji processing.

Scott,

First of all I never said Agfa 160 is better. It's different. I happen to like it. Since it is different I recomend people take a look at it. It certainly doesn't work for everything, but for some things I like the look. I still maintain there is no better or worse film. Oh you an objectively measure grain, color saturation, and contrast; however, that's not the whole story. As I said earlier we are blessed with many good choices, it is just a matter of picking the look you like.