Slow shutter on OM-2n

machts gut

<p>Just recently I got an Olympus OM-2n for a very reasonable price. I already have an OM-1n and some lenses as my main camera so I thought this would be a nice companion. I already replaced the light seals and the mirror bumper. Shooting my first film I realized a fault. When out of use for some time the shutter opens for a much too long time. This happens only at the first picture, the following pictures everything works just fine. I did some research and found out it might be a sticky shutter holding magnet. On youtube I found a video that shows the cleaning of the magnet of a OM-10.<br>

Doesn't look too complicated. Can anyone tell me if the procedure is the same for my OM-2n or if it is different?</p>

<p>Thanks Q.G., I got that and I have heard of Mr. Hermanson, but as I live in Germany I would prefer the Om-Doktor, the former head of the Olympus repair shop in Hamburg. He's closer and did a perfect job on my OM-1n. But in this case I'll try it on my own. Although in practical terms the OM-2n is the better camera, I am more drawn to manual cameras and don't want to spent too much money on this one.</p>